Friday, October 15, 2010

Back in the Groove

Well, it only took about 4 months to get back into some kind of groove. I think that the driving factor was having to complete a swap project that I had committed to prior to rejoining the work force. Along with this, I had purchased and started an alphabet quilt for a neighbor's new baby. Needless to say that quilt did NOT get completed prior to the birth. But like all good quilters, I did have a back up baby quilt made to gift.

I have since completed the alphabet quilt and hope to have it machine quilted in time for the birth of my newest granddaughter on 11/22. We shall see. So glad to be back and will update with photos soon.

I also started a block of the month ummmmm.... a year ago and am 5 months into it with that also falling by the wayside in June....Let's see if I can get back to that. They were matching black and white quilts each with a different accent color intended to be christmas gifts for my two oldest children....don't think that will happen this year...MAYBE EASTER???? To top all of this off I had the nerve to go out and buy fabric/pattern/supplies for an applique quilt!!

I think that I have determined it is not the job that is slowing me down as much as the renegade creative imp that always needs to be feed new projects and inspiration faster that I can keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment