Monday, February 22, 2010

Catching Up

Happy Monday All,
Sorry to have been quiet for so long, I am in serious catch up mode!! In 3 days, my class description is due for spring classes at The Little Shop....with the samples being due 10 days later....I have been hemming and hawing over what to do. I finally spoke with the shop owner and she indicated that she feels she needs to introduce more on machine applique. I have been up all night rolling this around (if you remember I did a class last fall on this technique). The question becomes, how to bring something new in order to inspire and motivate people. Well, I think I have it. I am going to do a small growth chart (you can pick either stacked sheep or a giraffe) from the book quilts, bibs, blankies...oh my! by Kim Schaefer. The twist to this is that we are going to machine applique and quilt at the same time. If the decorative stitching looks good on the front of the quilt, why isn't it just as lovely on the back as your quilting stitch?! What a great way to get those handmade gifts made in a jiffy and be the hit of any gift giving event.
Also, my niece is into competition ice skating. My brother was pricing the costumes and nearly had a heart attack over the price of a skate costume given the fact that she will be on the ice a grand total of one minute 20 seconds. This, of course, is where I come in...so now I must venture into the world of dancewear....4 way stretch lycra....NEED I SAY MORE?!
I just dropped my camp quilt off to the machine quilter along with a gorgeous mariners compass made from a foundation package.
I will share everything as it comes off the machine...wish me luck!
Oh and did I forget to mention the HUGE fundraiser that I am helping to coordinate that falls right smack in the midst of all of this on March 6. It benefits our HS Marching Band and with all the continued budget cuts in the schools these types of fundraisers are the only way to keep the Marching program alive...so000000000 we must trudge on in the name of art whatever form it may take.
Kisses,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment