Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Its a Banner Day! November 12, 2008


Don't you just love the quilt in my banner...I certainly do! I took a photo of one of the vintage quilts in my collection. If you never knew what that bubble gum pink color from the 1930's really looked like...that's it!! This is a tumbling blocks quilt which uses that particular pink as the dark and assorted feedsack fabrics(mainly that little floral) as the light and medium values.


And speaking of banners I have to share my favorite sign with you. Several years ago I was at a local auction and this street sign came up for sale.....well you just know my paddle was going up until it was mine. What are the chances that not only did my name appear (spelled correctly...no fru fru "y" ) but the cross sign is my grandmother's name! Thank goodness there were not many other interested Robin's or Rose's in the room that day..lol. This sign resides in my little front garden beside my front steps and now that grandmother has passed it is a daily reminder of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment